Tuesday 9 October 2012

Top Ten Tuesday # 4




Top ten Tuesdays is a weekly meme by Broke and the Bookish

Revisited TTT.
Top Ten favourite book quotes

No doubt I will have missed some of my favourite quotes from books on here because they're so long or there are  just too many but here it goes...

1.  'Only the very weak-minded refuse to be influenced by literature and poetry'- Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel.

2. 'Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds be ever in your favour'- Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games.

3. 'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'- J.K Rowling, The Prisoner of Azkaban.

4. 'It is a far, far better thing that I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go on to that I have ever known.'- Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities.

5. 'Two rights don't equal a left'- Roald Dahl, The BFG.

6. 'My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!'- William Goldman, The Princess Bride.

7. 'I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.'- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland.

8. 'True love is usually the most inconvenient kind.'- Kiera Cass, The Selection.

9. 'Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men, doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.'
- J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings series.

10. 'Life, although it may be an accumulation of anguish, is dear to me, and I will defend it.'- Mary Shelly, Frankenstein.  

What TTT did you choose to revisit. 
Leave a comment below.
:)

12 comments:

  1. I love all of those! Classic picks :)

    - Ellie @ The Selkie Reads Stories

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Two rights don't equal a left" - I love that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quotes! Love, love 'My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!'. :)


    J'adore Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love so many of your quotes but special shout outs to numbers 3, 2, 9 & 10! I own Clockwork Angel but I haven't had a chance to read it yet...

    Thanks for sharing, old follower but new to TTT so here's my TTT post

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! These are all so great and I have read most of these books, except for two of them. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What beautiful quotes!
      Check out my Top Ten Tuesdya here: http://adventuresofateenagebookworm.blogspot.ie/2012/10/top-ten-movies-you-didnt-know-were-books.html

      Delete
  6. LOVE the JK Rowling quote. I use "mischief managed" occationally out loud. I sent a friend of mine pictures of our tickets to the midnight premier of the final Harry Potter movie with that quote. :D

    thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally had the rings poem from LOTR memorized in my misspent youth >.>

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Hunger Games quote :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got my top three too! Great picks! :)
    http://17hnak.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  10. These quotes made me smile. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man. That LOTR quote gives me shivers every time. "In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie..." Dun dun DUNNNNNNN.

    My TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-10-tuesday-rewind-top-ten-bookish.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...