Wednesday 31 October 2012

Scent of Magic (Healer #2) by Maria V.Snyder


Pages: 400
Publisher: Harlequin MIRA
Scent of Magic (Healer, #2)Release: December 2012
Thanks to the publisher for the ARC copy

Plot: As the last healer in the fifteen realms and presumed dead by her friends Avery is alone in her quest to find away to defeat Tohon. Kerrick, her love and the only person who knows her to be alive is forced back to his homeland to summon his country into battle.
As Avery travels in disguise to the camps of Tohon's opponents she knows she has a fight ahead of her, including infiltrating a holy army, evading magic sniffers, teaching forest skills to soldiers and figuring out how to stop Tohon’s most horrible creations yet; an army of the walking dead.
Will she able to do it?

Good Points: Maria V Snyder has done it again! Wow. This book was so amazingly good I had to run online to write this review just to stay in the world she's created for just that little longer.
The book picks off right where it left off in Touch of Power with everyone presuming Avery dead and Tohon still advancing his power.
Each chapter alternates between the perspective of Avery- written in first person and Kerrick- written in third person; each ending with a dramatic cliffhanger that leaves you wanting to skip the next characters part just to find out what happens to the other. But I didn't...I managed to restrain myself and read on. And boy am I glad I did.
The characters in this book are written in more detail and you explore new sides to each. With action waiting at every turn for the group and a few shocker moments that will leave you open mouthed and looking dumbfounded at the pages, this sequel definitely lived up to all of my expectations...and beyond.


Bad Points: Kerrick and Avery aren't together for most of the book which is kid of a bad point but then at the same time you get to explore other characters within the series and you still have the changing focus through the chapters of going from Avery's point of view to a third person extract of what Kerrick's up to. So not really a bad point.
I don't know! I can't really think of many. It was so damn good!

To Sum Up... Omg! I loved this book. I finally feel like Maria V Snyder is back in action with this sequel. Like I said earlier I was worried a bit about the whole plot but after this book which I simply devoured I am so excited for the next one. Where is it? When will it come out!!???!!! I think you get the gist... Basically everything about this book is amazing. So read it :D
The book comes out December and I'd definitely recommend reading the first book in the series Touch of Power if you haven't already first.

Happy Halloween Clipart Free
Like this post, please do comment :)


4 comments:

  1. Hey, great review! I found it through GoodReads. Your writing is very concise and easy-to-follow. Looks like a cool book! Happy to be a follower for your blog :)

    Best,
    Danielle
    http://thereaderscommute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,

    Great review! I've just followed you :)

    Cheers,
    J.H. Myn
    http://jhmyn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO I wanted Avery and Kerrick together :(

    but I'm still dying to read this
    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this series before. But it sounds pretty amazing. Added to my to-read list, now. Thanks for the heads up!

    ~(Annie) & Demi @ Characterized

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...