Friday 31 August 2012

Eve and Adam by Katherine Applegate and Michael Grant

Eve and AdamPages: 304
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Release: October 2012

Plot: In the beginning there was an apple and then there was a car crash. When Evening Spiker is left in a terrible accident that leaves her leg severed she soon discovers that the work at her mums multi-billion dollar labs is not what she had expected.
 Bored and left to heal, her mum leaves her the task of creating the perfect boy to try and reignite her love for genetics. Eve creates Adam. He will be perfection. Won't he?

Good Points: I absolutely fell in love with this book! For starters I really love the names of the characters Evening and Solo and the personalities of each individual.
The books chapters alternate between the perspective of Eve, Solo and Adam which allows the reader to really get into each of their heads and see what there thoughts are about what is happening at the lab.
Eve's best friend Aislinn also helps bring the humour and action to the book with the whole drama going on with her troublesome druggie boyfriend.
The plot of the book I thought was just brilliant. It was bursting with action and because it was so fast paced it didn't seem as though it was actually 300 or so pages probably because I never got my head out of the story these two amazing authors have worked together to create.
Also I liked the twists within the book. To be honest because the bad guy was created so well I never felt that I had to question she wasn't a bitch so it was nice to have some shocker moments in there as well.
The whole idea of creating the perfect guy was just brilliant in a sort of Frankenstein way. So many YA books have the perfect pretty boy just walk in like he's any guy I thought it was refreshing not only for the perfect boy- Adam to be created but also in my opinion to be knocked down by Solo who in my opinion was so much better.

Bad Points: There weren't too many bad points, however I was a little unsure when this book is set because of all the advancements, but this isn't really a big deal seeing as thought the whole story is about the characters anyway...

To Sum Up... This book is one that you should definitely read if you haven't already! The whole plot in my opinion was just fantastic and you really begin to question the whole idea of perfection (if there is such a thing) and the limits to which science should be taken to.
The characters are fantastic and I am in love with Solo already. The ending leaves it open for a second book which will be titled Adam and Eve and I am really looking forward to seeing what happens with the company and the two couples.
READ THIS BOOK! It will not disappoint :)

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really good read and that cover is so nice. Might have to add this to my TBR list

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover is just ahhmazing and I like how it switches perspective!

    Leigh | Little Book Star

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm currently reading this one as well; glad to hear you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want this book so bad but requesting review copies is so damned hard when you live in london, there are like a 1000 different emails for 1000 different people and they all take weeks to reply back, its a pain. This one i think am going to go out and buy it coz i've been eyeing for far too long.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...