Friday 22 June 2012

Review of Blood Solstice (Tale of Lunarmorte#3) by Samantha Young

Pages: 272
Blood Solstice (The Tale of Lunarmorte, #3)Publisher: Self-Published on Kindle
Released: October 2011

Plot: The third and final instalment to the Tale of Lunarmorte series see's Caia's continued struggle in the war between the Midnights and the Daylights. Time is running out, truths are revealed and the pack won't ever be the same again when tragedy hits home.
In the long battle between Daylights and Midnights, will Caia be able to save everyone she loves?


Good Points: Loved the book, you definitely see the change Caia makes throughout the series even more in this book. She's still underneath it all the sweet innocent girl that we first met in Moon Spell however you see how the war has changed her and the pack, even more so after the attack on the pack. In this book, like all 3 in the Lunarmorte series we get to enjoy reading the perspective of some of the main characters which is one of the things I really love about Samantha Young's writing as it allows the reader to grow closer to each character and really get a grip on each perspective. I think it would have been nice to see this same perspective from a midnight however I didn't feel any less inclined to support 'Team' Daylight due to Laila.
The characters continue to grow and form relationships with each other and the overall plot to the story is, well, amazing. It had everything I look for in a book - action, cool battles,  a couple of shockers, a bit of romance and some genuinely great characters.

Bad Points: At the end (the 3 years later bit) I've got to admit I did want more on what happens to the characters however I've got to admit I did like how it gave us this tiny insight, although it did make me feel like the ending was just a tiny little bit rushed. But I swear that was it!!
Bring a box of tissue's if you haven't read this book yet :(


To Sum Up... I really enjoyed this series and thought that there was little to fault on any of the books. The characters were well developed as the series progressed and the author allowed you to see a variety of emotions and changes both mentally and physically to most of the characters. There are a couple of 'shocker' moments within the book that definitely keep you reading on accompanied by a huge Beach Battle=COOL.
Another reason that I really do love this authors writing is (I don't know if I've mentioned this before) Young doesn't write the typical teen book, her characters aren't perfect and they don't include that typical book guy that I read so often in teen fiction. The relationships between the characters are developed and we see them through as corny as it sounds the good and the bad times, which I absolutely love because it makes the story more...real, the characters don't 'Swan' around declaring their love for each other in what feels like minutes (that phrase fit more than it should) they actually talk and get to know each other first.
If you haven't read anything by this author yet--Pleeeaaaseeee do as they are awesome and I've run out of friends and family to go on at them about how darn good this author truly is.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh I haven't read this one yet.
    Tissues here i come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!
    I just love the cover of this book!
    Excellent review!
    Just wanted to let you know that I have awarded you the Liebster Blog Award ^^
    http://littlehyuts.blogspot.com/2012/06/my-first-blog-award.html
    Go there for details!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...