Saturday 19 May 2012

Review of The Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

Pages: 498
Clockwork Prince by Cassandra ClarePublisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books 
Released: December 2011

Plot: The sequel to the first book 'The Clockwork Angel' in the Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare where we first met Tessa, Will and Jem. The book continues where Clockwork Angel left off, Charlotte is struggling to keep a hold on the Institute from Benedict Lightwood and Tessa, Will and Jem attempt to uncover what the Magister truly wants. However they also uncover more than they seek out, Tessa discovers a shaded past to not only herself but Will's also and as Tessa grows ever closer to Jem, Will becomes consumed with jealousy. Will he tell Tessa and Jem the truth, before its too late?

Good Points: AWESOME! I loved this book, it had everything you could possibly ever look for in a book and more... You definitely get to see a new side to Jem and you see his confidence build through Tessa, something you previously only see when he is with Will and I was constantly trying to pick apart the book to try and work out who will end up with who. Also the shock ending... definitely did not see that coming so quickly. Although there were some things that I could see coming it still left me hanging on for more and now we have to wait until 2013!!! for Clockwork Princess. *cries*

Bad Points: Cassandra Clare is a genius. No literally she is. She can make a book funny, tense, exciting, real and all without never making me doubt the book. Complete and utter love for this series!!

To sum up... If you've read this book, read it again. If you've never read this book, Why? Oh why? You will not regret it. Cassandra Clare has done it again and this time better than ever. 2013 can not come quick enough!

2 comments:

  1. I loved this book, and I was very moved by it. I wasn't a fan of City of Fallen Angels or City of Lost Souls, and I thought Clare should have ended TMI. I'm quite glad she has something else out I can fangirl over.

    I think I'll just take your advice and read it again. ;)

    Isabelle
    http://wakeupatseven.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...