Friday 27 April 2012

Review of Poison Study by Maria V Snyder

Pages: 409
Publisher: Mira Books
Released: 2007


Plot Summary: Yelena is given the choice of execution or to become the Commanders food taster, the person responsible to check for Poisonous substances hidden in an attempt to kill the ruler of Ixia. Yelena quickly accepts her chance at life however it is trapped by the knowledge that she has to be given an antidote daily by the mysterious Valek (Yelena's trainer) or face the slow death from Butterfly's Dust. 
However Yelena's past soon catches up with her as we uncover the truth behind her initial imprisonment and find that revenge is on its way.


Good Points: I really loved this book I thought that although it is aimed at a young adult audience the book is great for all. From page one I was caught into the story and was intrigued by Yelena's past. The characters were built well and the cliffhangers at the end of each chapter were tempting. The main character Yelena is strong and intelligent and wasn't afraid to get caught up in the action. 
The plot was great and I will definitely be reading the next book as soon as I can. 


Bad Points: I thought at times maybe Yelena was a little too good at times, It seemed that almost everything she did she mastered in no time at all and it was a little 'meh' after a bit.


To sum up... I really think this book is great. I bought it when it was on offer for the Kindle a couple of weeks ago and couldn't stop reading it. I was quite surprised by the book and will look out for more books by this author in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...